Monday, July 28, 2014

Twine Spool Boxes (love this!)



Hi, Crafters!
I found the coolest cut file in the Silhouette store.
It's by Jamie Lane and she has a photo tutorial of how to assemble it on her blog here


It's set up to store the boxes so the hole is at the bottom for pulling out the twine you need for your project. That's how I cut my pattern paper for this project.



 

However, I find for my personal use, it works better to store the boxes with the hole at the top because I have them in baskets on my desk. The hole at the top makes grabbing the twine much easier since they are in baskets. It also means I cut all my papers upside down, but oh well. In this case function over presentation rules. I also cut an extra piece to cover the top (which is really the bottom). 


For the twine I buy by the yard (instead of by the spool), I just wrap it around a jumbo Popsicle stick. I used to wrap it around a clothespin, but found this to be bulky. I hold the ends to the Popsicle stick with Washi tape.


  • Silhouette ID# 46239 (twine storage box)
  • Assembly tutorial by Jamie Lane here
  • Bazzill white cardstock (base) 
  • All pattern papers from GCD Studios (Fun House) from Hobby Lobby
  • Scor Tape 
  • Clear plastic sheets for see-through window from recycled clear stamp packaging (I was able to cut out 6 of these windows with only 1 clear stamp packaging!)

I still need to write the names of the twine on the top of the boxes for easy reference.  All of the twines you see are from Timeless Twine (love this stuff!).

Thanks for stopping by today!
:) Janis

Submitted:
Crafty Girls - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes

3 comments:

  1. I love this box Janis! I thought too I would like the string hole to be at the top, not the bottom. lol This would be a nice way to present twine for a gift for someone and I love it in your basket even though your paper is upside down. lol It' still looks great! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant box and very useful too :0) Thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete