Thursday, July 22, 2010

OWL & PUSSYCAT WENT TO SEA


I've been having so much fun crafting again.  As many of you know, we've been back in South Carolina now for about 4 weeks from our move from Alaska.  We have a home here that we are renovating.  It's getting too stressful to live here and renovate at the same time, plus my hubby drives 2 1/2 hours a day back and forth to work (combined - not one way) in Georgia.  

So, we finally found an apartment in Georgia and we are moving this weekend..... again.... but it's a good thing.  He won't have that LONG drive anymore.  And I don't have to stress about not having a kitchen sink, dishwasher and unpainted drywall and unfinished floors.  LOL  Good times.  Good times.  

So, if you don't hear from me in a while, be patient.  I may not get back in the groove until early next week after we unpack and get settled.... again..... :)

I altered a writing journal for a couple of challenges going on.  This was fun to make and so super easy.

Here's the before pic and the after again:



  • Background paper from Debbie Mumm Nursery Rhyme
  • Kitty cut from CREATE A CRITTER page 38 cut @ 2"
  • Owl cut from GIVE A HOOT page 28 @ 2" (there is an owl and Kitty in boat cut, but I didn't use that one - didn't even know it was there until I started looking for the owl cut)
  • Boat is actually oval tag in GIVE A HOOT page 74 cut @ 4" and cut in half
  • Pole for sail and sail were cut free hand
  • There is jute / twine on the sailing pole
  • Acetate covering the cream sail (I don't think you can see the shine in this picture)
  • Green lashed googlie eyes!
  • Dark green rhinestones for owl eyes
  • Water boarder from GIVE A HOOT page 76 cut @ 1 1/2" 
  • Everything adhered with Zots Dots Medium, Scotch Photo Splits, Zig 2-Way Glue Pen
This is my submission for the following challenges:
  1. Die Cut Dreams Challenge #57 Acetate
  2. Incy Wincy Designs Challenge #51 Alter Something
Sailing away now to pack.... again......
:) Janis

8 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love it! And I know about moves. Take your time dear. No biggie! We will be here waiting!

    {HUGS}

    ~dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful!! That paper is just awesome!! Gotta find me some! I'll miss your creations while ya'll are moving. Just be careful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation Janis and a wonderful use of acetate. Love the owl and pussycat and construction of the sail.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola & the Dream Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your move again! lol..I love this altered notebook..I just got that paper, it's really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww how cute!! I such at altering - s envious!
    Regarding your question - yes, I make custom envelopes. I made a tutorial here .
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you've turned that book into such an eye catching creation, love it

    Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams
    Hugs
    Victoria and the DCD team
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and wow have you changed your blog, haven't been over in ages! sorry!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too too too cute :)

    Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy :)

    Winners are revealed in a few hours :)

    Heather
    my blog

    ReplyDelete