Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Weight Watchers Wednesday & a Recipe Video

Join Weight Watchers HERE

This week's Weight Watchers Wednesday post is probably going to be a little longer than normal. (Okay, a lot.)  If you don't have time or are not interested in reading all my thoughts and chatter, skim through and read the posters at least. There's a message in there for you. Pick one. Repeat it to yourself every day, and I'll see you back next Wednesday. If you are in for the long haul.... read on, my friend. :)



In January, I got sick and tired of how my physical body was
looking
acting
and slowing me down.
Not to mention what my physical image did to my mental state.
I decided I'd lived that way long enough.
Every year another few pounds.
Always more. Never less.
Enough is enough.
If I kept doing what I was doing,
how was anything different suppose to happen?
I needed help.
I needed flexibility.
I needed to make a change on my terms, in my timing, and feel the rewards of success.
Weight Watchers was the only option for me.
Why?
Because Weight Watchers is focused on food -
not starving,
not brutal exercise routines,
not pills,
not fasting.
I know it works because I had done it twice in the past.
But in the past after a little success,
I'd go back to my old habits.
Yeah, well, I'm human. Mistakes are bound to happen.


So the last week of January, I signed up with Weight Watchers.
I didn't wait for a certain day of the week.
I didn't talk to my husband about it first.
I didn't get approval from friends or other family.
I just did it.
If I wanted a change (and I did very much),
I had to make the decision to change.
No one could do it for me.
Things were going to have to change,
or let's face it,
nothing would ever change.


I'm not "all that."
I don't exercise.
I don't eat salad.
I'm not strong when it comes to temptation.
Chocolate and I go way back.
But I am determined.
And determination goes a long way in making a change.
Especially a hard one.
Some days are easier than others.
Definitely a mental battle for me.

Lately I've been hovering around a certain weight.
Gain a little. Lose a little.
But not big victories on the scale.
I let myself stay there for quite a while.
Eating whatever I wanted, but still tracking the points.
At some point, a little more effort is called for.
I'm at that point.
But before I get into that, let me take a sidestep and tell you about my husband.

My husband and I are both trying to lose weight.
He does a lot of physical exercise.
He's a runner, a biker, a hiker, a walker.
He runs almost every morning.
I'm not talking like running around the block.
I'm talking running 3 miles this day, 5 miles that day.
He's out there at oh-dark-thirty getting his run on.
Good for him, but it's never going to be me.
I hate exercise. Just being honest. It's not my thing.
I'm so very thankful to have a husband though that supports me completely.
Just because he's a runner, he doesn't condemn me because I'm not.
He compliments me on my physical body (even though I'm still way overweight);
He will change restaurant plans to go somewhere that's Weight Watcher friendly just for me and my point counting.

So, back to where I was heading before that little side-step...
As I said earlier,
At some point, a little more effort is called for.
I'm at that point.
I started thinking about what I did when I first started Weight Watchers earlier this year, and thinking about what I've been doing lately with my weight not really moving downward too much.
When I first started I was eating diet food and fresh fruits & veggies all the time.
Lately I've been eating whatever, but still counting points.
That's not working for me.
So when I went grocery shopping this week
(normally, Tom & I go together, but this week I went by myself)
I came home with this announcement,
"I hope you are in the mood for a diet change this week."
His answer,
"I have no problem with that as long as it's a healthy change."
Good answer. Because diet food and fresh fruits and veggies cost more than processed foods, drive-thru foods, etc. So it's good to know spending more at the grocery store to eat and live healthier is not an issue with my hubby. (These are part of the little thank you's I include in my prayers. My husband is quite fabulous.)

Tom had suggested at our Ikea visit on Sunday when I noticed it was the 2nd time we had eaten out and he was eating meatless, that I try some of the veggie burgers, veggie meatballs, etc.
Good advice. At the grocery store, I stocked up on veggie everything.
Burgers, meatballs, chicken, sausage and other goodies I found.
I bought more fish. We love fish, but it does cost more than hamburger meat, so I tend to buy more beef than fish. Not this trip.

As I was looking back at what worked so well for me at the beginning of the year, and what I had slacked into recently, it's obvious that I need more fresh foods and less junk.
Just because a Hershey Chocolate Nugget is very few points if you eat one, doesn't mean it's good nourishment for my body or that I'll stop eating them after only one. 



Mistakes have been made these last 9 months, but like I told Tom last night, I am still so very proud of myself for not quitting. Not giving up. Not saying or thinking it's too hard. Not telling myself that 36+ pounds loss is good enough. It's not good enough. I am very happy with how far I've come, but I'm not done yet.

If you are where I am,
don't give up.
If you are tired of where you are in life,
make a change.
If you think that you've screwed up so much, you might as well quit,
remind yourself how important you are.
You are fabulous.
You are amazing.
If I can stick with it for this long, anybody can.
I'm a choc-aholic.
I have to eat every couple of hours or so or my blood sugar drops and I'm shaking, dizzy, and headache starting.
I'm just like you.
I made a decision.
I have made mistakes.
I have not given up.
Don't give up.


Join Weight Watchers HERE

I still haven't gotten a recent weight loss photo taken.
So I went outside and took one.
No makeup, but hey, it's the real me.
AND... I'm not even sucking my gut in.



Weekly Weigh-in stats:
-0.6 lbs this week
-36.4 so far
57 more pounds to go.
Sounds impossible, but I know it's not.
I mean, 36 pounds gone sounded impossible when I started, and here I am!
Starting Weight: 203.4
Current Weight: 167.0
Goal Weight: 110.0

Join Weight Watchers HERE



Mini Apple Pies 3 PointsPlus value each
I gotta try this one!

For those of you reading this who are a card maker, scrapbooker, etc.....
If you want a little bit of Stampin' Up fun every single month delivered directly to your door,

Sign up for Paper Pumpkin HERE.

Thanks for visiting with me today! 
See you tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! That's seems like quite a journey and I'm so happy you shared it! Keep up the good (and hard) work!

    ReplyDelete