Thursday, April 16, 2015

Encouragement Mini

Hi, everyone! I hope you guys are enjoying your April so far. What have you been doing this spring?

As I write this, it's actually March 12, 2015; not even April yet. The weather is warming up to mild instead of freezing; flowers are beginning to bloom; pollen is dusting the windshields and sidewalks; and I'm loving it.

The project I have to show you today was made especially for a family member who is taking care of her husband as he fights Lewey Body Syndrome, Parkinson's, and now cancer. I'm hoping she will place it somewhere to remind her there is strength beyond our own limits.

This is an accordion album. It can sit on your desk, dresser, coffee table, shelf, wherever.


Scriptures for both sides were stamped using Mary's Cardz TV Stamp sets:

  • Rejoice
  • Easter Blessings


Instructions:

  • Cut a piece of cardstock to 12" x 4"
  • Score every 3"
  • Accordion fold
  • Cut matting for each panel at 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
  • Cut decorative paper for each panel at 2 5/8" x 3 5/8"
  • Cut solid white cardstock for stamping messages at 2 1/8" x 3 1/8"
I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Wild Honey" and a sponging tool to soften the white around the edges, but leave some white space in the Scripture message.


Chipboard Hearts are from Studio Calico's Project Life monthly kits.
Decorative papers from KasierCraft "Fine & Sunny" 6 1/2" square pad.

This came together easily and quickly. You can customize this for any occasion, celebration, or thinking of you project.  I love making these.

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I'm up to. Enjoy the rest of your day!
:) Janis


2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Janis, I'm sure your friend needs something like this to keep her going. Cause even though we rely on God, the road gets awful bumpy at times and we need scripture to get us through and it is sound pretty bumpy for her. I love it too as I am going through some of the same. My hubby has cancer and has done all the traditional treatments he can, now he is going to do a study at Johns Hopkins to see if that will save his life. We are praying that this is our miracle for him. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness for sure Janis!!!! I so love your album. It is beautiful!! Your family member is sure to treasure it for a long time. God can give us such comfort through his Word. :)

    ReplyDelete