Sunday, September 20, 2009

James 5

After I posted the update on Mama Friday, I called the hospital to talk to her and tell her good morning.  She was crying.  She said she had wanted to call me and couldn't remember my number.  She wasn't doing well and they were having to give her blood and they couldn't find a vein.

I got there as soon as I could.  I was praying the entire 45 minute drive for her healing and God reminded me of James 5:13-16:

Anyone who is having troubles should pray.  Anyone who is happy should sing praises.  Anyone who is sick should call the church's elders.  They should pray for and pour oil on the person in the name of the Lord.  And the prayer that is said with faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will heal that person.  And if the person has sinned, the sins will be forgiven.  Confess your sins to each other so God can heal you.  When a believing person prays, great things happen.
So, I stopped at Food Lion and bought some Olive Oil.  Although I know any oil would have done just fine.

When I got to the hospital, 2 of my aunts were there and one of my uncles.

I put oil on Mama's head, laid my hands on her and spoke James 5 ending with "in Jesus' name, be healed."

When the aunts and uncle left and Daddy got back from taking a bath at home, Mama told him about it.  We did it again before I left with Daddy adding his hand on top of mine on Mama's head.

Yesterday, Tom, Bonnie and I went to see Mama.  What a difference in her!  Her voice was coherent and strong.  Her attitude was back to normal.  Her fingers and hands were no longer swollen.  She was moving her arms, hands, and fingers with no problem.  She was my Mama again.  Praise God!!

I said Mama, you are so, so much better today!  Look at you moving your hands and arms around.  She said and I can do this... and she stretched both her arms straight up in the air above her head and grinned.

God is so good!  He is faithful even when we are not.  All He wants is us to acknowledge Him and know that we need Him.  He is there ready and able to answer our prayers, if we will only pray them.

One more thing before I start my crazy, busy day...

I want to share with you what my son, James, posted as his Facebook status yesterday. It touched my heart and I think it will touch yours too.  I'll leave you with that.  Have a great day.  Thank you for all your prayers.  Hugs, Janis

James Lewis, leaving for war Monday, September 21, 2009, wrote as his Facebook status on Saturday:

War:  it's what's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

It doesn't stop when I sleep at night.

It's my job.  It's what I volunteered for.

When most run away in fear, I run into the heat of action... adrenaline pumpin' through my veins.

Last thing on my mind is will I live or..... die.

The first thing on my mind is my fellow Americans sleeping peacefully at night.

This I do for you.

My sacrifice for you so that you can be safe from homeland terror.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janis, I'm so happy to hear that your Mama is doing so much better,Praise God!

    James sounds like a wonderfully brave son, I know your proud.
    Your Mom should get her card today.

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janis,
    Thank you so much for sharing this story and verse with us today! God heals us, both spiritually and physically, all we need do is ask in faith. God bless you and your family!
    And thank you for sharing James's FB post! I picked up a few things (including Skittles) for him while I was waiting at the drugstore. I'll get a mini care package out for him this week, and follow up with more just as soon as I can.
    I hope you will continue to keep us posted on your mama and James.
    Hugs,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete