Monday, July 20, 2009

Good morning!

Good morning all my bloggy friends! I was away from the computer all weekend, and I missed all you guys! I attended my 25 year high school reunion Saturday. We had a family picnic and everyone brought food. You wouldn't believe all the food that was there! You would have thought we had to feed 400 people. :) It was incredible seeing everyone again and catching up. Some people look exactly the same and some could be in line in front of me at the store and I would not have recognized them. Our graduating class was about 370 students. Over the past 25 years, we've lost 16 classmates. We had a tremendous turnout for the picnic, but even more who didn't attend the picnic I heard met up with everyone that night for the adult's night out. What was really, really great is that everyone mingled and talked to everyone else. Isn't it funny how in high school there are cliques, but as we grow older we just appreciate the differences? I met a wonderful woman... the wife of a schoolmate. I had so much fun talking with her and one of her daughters. They have 7 children! 7! Their youngest is just 6 weeks old. All of their children were just gorgeous and so well mannered. We talked about homeschooling and photography. It was so nice. I also caught up with a classmate who brought her son, Brent, who has Autism. Again, it was nice to talk to someone who had a special needs child like we do - even though the diagnosis are different. She was telling me a lot of info I didn't know about what happens when your special needs child turns 18 and things you need to look into, etc. Very informative. Such a sweet lady. And her son was so friendly and a joy to speak with. I know all this is boring to you, so I'll stop now. Just know that friendships are a blessing. A lot of our classmates are on Facebook and that's how we keep in touch. We also made an Alumni Group there to upload all of our pictures. Many, many of the classmates still get together over the weekends. I haven't met up with them for that, but they always post pics and it's so fun to see everyone having a good time. Hugs, Janis

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at your reunion Janis. A great turnout too. You're right, friends are precious!
    I didn't know you were on Facebook! Me too!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete